Light Bulb Moment #8 was a tip that encouraged you to invest in a theft-resistant day bag. This week’s Light Bulb Moment gives you ideas to contemplate when shopping for such a bag.
Things to consider when purchasing a day bag:
- Is it slash proof, meaning that the bag won’t easily give way if thieves try to sever the straps when you’re not looking?
- Is it water-resistant?
- Does it have a comfortable design? Will you be able to adjust the way you carry it during a long day of sightseeing?
- Does the design of the bag encourage, or prohibit, thieves? Are you able to see your bag at all times, or is the fact that it’s a backpack mean that you can’t keep eyes on it at all times?
- How many internal pockets does it have to secure valuable things like your tablet, money, and credit cards?
- Where are the zippers located? Would it be easy, or difficult, for a thief to unzip the bag to get at your valuables?
- Does it come with RFID-blocking technology?
Following these tips in choosing a day bag will help you make an investment that will likely save you heartache later.